Felted Sculptures

Felted Sculptures
Dancing Pigs

Monday, January 23, 2012

My First Blog of 2012

I am starting of 2012 with so many ideas for felting that I get overwhelmed in thought. I don't have enough time to do everything I would like, so I have to pick and choose. Of course I am making my sculptures from wool, but recently I starting making pillows. Some are wet felted and some are made from vintage and antique wool camp blankets. I think it is so nice to continue the life of a worn out blanket in the form of a pillow. These blankets are so beautiful. I haven't seen anything being made the same way these days.

I love working with wool in all forms. Raw, Roving, batting, yarn, blankets. What an incredible material it is.

I am putting together a collection of items so I can be juried by the League of NH craftsman. I am making a series of dancing pigs, so much fun to come up with the dances my pigs are doing. I tried to do a John Travolta but I wasn't happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment